Do you like scary movies? How about themed holiday trees? Well, you know we do! We usually don’t do a Valentine’s Day tree, a Halloween tree and Christmas tree are usually enough. However, in December were sent a magenta tree from La Croix and although it didn’t fit our holiday aesthetic we saved it for February! (Actually we start decorating for Valentine’s Day right after we take down our Christmas decorations…it helps soften the blow.) Anyway, we were toying with the idea of a scream tree for Halloween and regretted not doing it, so when Scream 5 came out we thought, why not add a Valentine’s Day twist!
We go all out with with our Halloween trees and wanted to keep it a bit easier than that, so we relied on our Cricut to do most of the work!
There are certain ornaments that one must abide by in order to successfully create a Scream tree:
- Ghost Face – We found the SVG on Etsy, added a colorful background and hearts for the eyes to make it feel more Valentine-y.
Scream tree! @Ghostface #learnontiktok #tiktokpartner #ghostface #screammovie #cricut #valentinesday #galentinesday #valentinesdaytree @thedrewbarrymoreshow #hellosidney #doyoulikescarymovies #screamcraft #cricutprojects #papercraft
- Conversation Hearts – We found the hearts a Michaels and created some killer sayings that felt fitting. “U Kill Me, Hello, Sidney, U <3 Scary Movies, Boo-ty Call, Ur A Scream, Call Me, No U Hang Up”
Valentine’s Day Scream Ornamnet! #2 #scream #screammovie #conversationheart #dollarstorediy #dollartreediy #everydayishalloween #cricutcraft #cricutvinyl @thedrewbarrymoreshow @screammovies #learnontiktok #tiktokpartner
- Knives – To make the knives more festive we decided to use purple and pink cardstock.
- Phones and Hearts – We call this filler, because it literally fills out the tree. We attached them to copper floral wire that we grouped into bouquets.
- Phone Cord – To “finish it off” we ordered a phone cord on Amazon, stretched it out and used it as a garland!
Valentine’s Day Scream tree! Check out all our tutorials on how we made the ornaments! #scream #valentinesdaytree #valentinesdaydiy #DrewBarrymore #thedrewbarrymoreshow @thedrewbarrymoreshow #cricutcraft #cricutcreated #cricutmade #papercraft
Love this tree? We’ve also made an Easter Egg Alien Tree! Click here to see it!
We think this tree is a SCREAM!